Friday, June 15, 2012

How to resolve Security Warning: Certain content in the database has been disabled in Ms-Access?

Today I learn a great thing about Ms-Access 2007. I was working on a prototype project and it needed to open Ms-Access 2007. I open an existing Ms-Access database and I was welcome with the message "Security Warning: Certain content in the database has been disabled".

I clicked on Options and it open the Security Options window and I click on Enable this content radio button; I proceeded to click on OK button and ms-access database open up.

I thought this is one time but next time when I open the same Ms-Access database; it stopped me with the same security warning.

I learn that Ms-Access need to know the file locations it can trust upon. So I went to Access Options.

It opens the Access Options window and I click on Trust Center. In the Trust Center tab I clicked on Trust Center Settings;

In the Trust Center Settings window I clicked on Trusted Locations. I clicked on Add new Location.

Here I added my Ms-Access file path and clicked on Subfolder of this location are also trusted.

I click on Ok and close the Access Options window. I reopen my ms-access file and this time Security warning message did not welcome me.

Wow! The learning’s is a never ending phenomenon. Thanks for reading this post.

Popular Posts

Real Time Web Analytics