Wednesday, June 13, 2012

How to add sitemap to Google Blogger?

From a long time I was thinking to create sitemap for my website www.singhvikash.blogspot.com Today, I stumbled upon the Blog Sitemap Generator (http://ctrlq.org/blogger/) and I was done with my sitemap in 5 minutes. Isn’t it cool?

To tell you about Blog Sitemap Generator; it helps you to generate a complete XML based sitemap for your blog. If you are hosting your content on BlogSpot you can create an XML sitemap. You can use this if you are using a customized domain for your BlogSpot. This site(www.singhvikash.blogspot.com) is hosted In BlogSpot and the domain is mapped to the BlogSpot (www.singhvikash.blogspot.com).

So here is what it takes to create a sitemap with Blog Sitemap Generator. I open the Sitemap website and entered my domain name and clicked on "Create Sitemap" button.

It generated the XML based sitemap. I copied the entire code generated and went to my blogger account.

In blogger, under Settings->Search Preferences, I enabled the Custom robots and pasted all the code I had copied from site generator. After saving changes; I was done.

I open the Sitemap generated link to check the output and it shows me the sitemap. The only thing it may concern you is that the XML based sitemap will show you the last 25 post/articles in the sitemap but I think at this point of time I can live with that.

Yes, there are better ways to generate the sitemap and I think I will try them some time. Thanks for reading this post.

Popular Posts

Real Time Web Analytics